2020 - 2021 SMHRA Season Info
We are getting close to starting the 2020-2021 season with our evaluations right around the corner. Once evaluations are complete, players will be placed on teams (posted on www.smhra.ca), Head coach’s will be selected and the teams will be uploaded to Teamlinkt where you will be notified to join the Teamlinkt app.
EVALUATIONS: Click here for the Evaluations Schedule / Groups / Teams You will see tabs at the top to select your child’s age group for more details.
**This is a live spreadsheet and is subject to change. Please keep checking the webpage for any new changes.**
Please double check your child is in the correct age group. If you don’t see your child’s name, please contact Wes Killbery email@example.com or Shawn Coe firstname.lastname@example.org
This year, Evaluations are more complicated than ever, we ask for your patience should any changes need to be made.
- All, please double check you have received a Hockey Canada Receipt after you registered your child. This verifies the registration completed successfully. If you need any assistance or have questions about your registration / payment, please contact Todd Chetyrbok (email@example.com)
- Booth Convenor Position - SMHRA has retained the services of Alana Fehr to assist with setting up our booth for several years to come. Most of you know Alana from the Warren Aena and our school canteens. Alana has agreed to help us for one year and is willing to mentor someone into running our booth for multiple years to come. SMHRA is looking for someone that would like to apply for this fantastic opportunity of Booth Convenor and join the SMHRA Association in making a difference in minor hockey.
If this sounds like you, and you would like to apply for the Booth Convenor position, please click HERE!
- Return to Play Information. We encourage everyone to take the time to read; and understand what to expect.
- Hockey Manitoba has released Phase 2 of RTP - http://www.hockeymanitoba.ca/return-to-play
- Town of Stonewall Return to play policies - HERE
- SMHRA has made the difficult decision to cancel all SHMRA hosted Tournaments for the 2020 season including the U7 January 2nd 2021 Tournament. SMHRA will revisit the remaining 2 Tournaments at a later date with guidance from Hockey Manitoba. (U11 / U13 Female and Vet’s Cup)
- Officials – Hockey Manitoba statement: On-ice officials in Manitoba are asked to please take note of the changes for the upcoming 2020 - 2021 hockey season. For new officials, and returning Level I and Level II officials, in-person certification clinics will not start until the first weekend in October. This may be subject to change based on the situation within the province as it relates to the COVID-19 pandemic. These clinics will be in person and will run similarly to the previous season. For Level III - Level VI officials, they are required to sign up for virtual (video conference) sessions to obtain their certification for the 2020 - 2021 season. Along with the virtual clinic they will be required to pass the Hockey Canada exam online. Links to the virtual clinics and exams will be provided when registering for the clinics. These clinics will be available starting in late September. Clinic registration will begin on September 1, 2020. Please check the eHockey website for any clinics that you want to register for and the Officials section of the Hockey Manitoba website for any updates for the 2020 - 2021 season.
In these uncertain times with COVID-19 and all the policies in place by the Town of Stonewall, Hockey Manitoba and Manitoba Health, this hockey season will be evolving daily. There are so many moving parts and anything could happen at anytime. The SMHRA board is monitoring this daily and will re-evaluate should the Town of Stonewall or Hockey Manitoba make a change that would affect the season, you will be notified.
SMHRA is planning that the kids will play a full season. Our association is no different than any other. We are all in this together!
Stay well, be safe and GO BLUES!